Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Celebrating Canada Day

I know, I'm a couple of days late, but it's been a little crazy here lately.

Last Thursday, the director of the Winker Bible Camp called me and asked me for a "huge favour." It seems they had all of their speakers lined up for their evening chapels for the whole summer except for this coming week. Could I help them out? I said sure, getting myself in for preparing and executing four 20 minute talks to 120+ campers this week. The first one last night was on bullying and I think it went well. Tonight's topic is on tempation. I have a good idea of what I'm going to do and say, but I still need to write it out.
But before I get to that, I wanted to share some of my favourite pictures from Canada Day.

Taken on our front porch before church-- loved that they were all colour coordinated!

On the couch after church. We set the camera on the entertainment unit beside the tv and the kids took turns pressing the timer button and running to the couch.

They had some Canada Day Celebration stuff at our rec centre, so we went to check that out in the afternoon. Love the colours of the tires.
Taken at the beach in the evening before the fireworks. Jonah kills me! This was his pose when I asked him to smile. :)
Love this one...
And this one, except that she's looking way too old here!
I tried to get some pictures of the fireworks, but it was really hard. So after a few tries, I put my camera away and just enjoyed them.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Great pics! Hope your week at WBC goes well!

Heather M. said...

Great photos!!! I hope the speaking goes well - good for you for doing it!

Melanie said...

Great pics! And you're doing an awesome job at camp! If I were on stage with the bubble wrap, I would have lasted less than 30 seconds!

If you haven't heard yet, there have been a few kids who accepted Christ this week. We celebrate with them, and you are a part of that step! Thanks Leigh!