Saturday, August 25, 2007

Corn & Apple Festival story #1

This morning, as per our Corn & Apple Festival tradition, we went to watch the parade. We picked up doughnuts from the Youth for Christ golf cart and staked out a spot to watch.

My friend Val & her family came and sat with us. The parade was good and it was nice to catch up with Val, as I hadn't seen her in a week.

Towards the end of the parade, I noticed an older gentleman take a picture of an older couple sitting close to us. He encouraged them to sit closer to each other and for the man to put his arm around his wife.



Then when he walked past us, I said, jokingly: "Did you want to take our picture, too?"

And he said: "Sure!"

So I actually handed him my camera and he took some pictures of Val & I with it and then took some more with his own camera! It was so funny!

When he asked us where our husbands were, I told him that mine was driving the shuttle bus.

"Oh," he said. "I met him. He's a real ambassador to Morden."

So when Cameron came home later, I asked him if he had any passengers on the shuttle bus take his picture, he said: "Yeah. How did you know that?"

Apparently, he took pictures of everyone riding on the bus! That just makes me laugh, because he was such a nice man and so funny and you could just tell that he was enjoying himself immensely.

Here are the pictures that he took of Val & me:



No comments: