Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Eight blocks!

So, I started running in spring again. I started with two blocks jogging and one block walking. Then I went up to 3 & 1. Then 4 & 1. And then I pulled a muscle in my leg. Which I took as an excuse to stop running for four weeks.

Then I started again with 3 & 1. And up to4 & 1. Then the other day, I thought, I should try to take out a section of walking in the 2 1/2 km that I run. So I ran 6 blocks at the beginning. This was on the weekend.

So this morning, I thought I'd do again. But for some crazy reason, I'd played with the math in my head, and decided that I could take out another section of walking if I ran eight blocks and walk one. And I did! I've never run that far before! I did two sections of 8 & 1 and then a last section of 5.

I'm so excited! It's so cool when you can do something that earlier seemed impossible.

3 comments:

Heather M. said...

Woohoo!!!! WTG! That's awesome, Leigh!
I hope you are having a very happy and special birthday today! Thinking of you!

valerie said...

Way to go, Leigh!! That's awesome!

Eva said...

Ok, you totally put me to shame!! WTG!