Monday, November 12, 2007

Holiday preparations

Okay, I'm not quite ready to haul out the Christmas decorations yet, but I am starting to think about it.

With the redecorating of our living room this spring, I want to add some of the blue from my curtains into my decor:

*I found these ornaments at Kohl's when we were in Grand Forks a few weeks ago -- 50% off! (so, of course, I got two boxes!)



I have left over curtain material, that I want to use to make some new stockings for the kids, with white felt and brown trim that I found at Fabricland.

I bought some brown & white felt to make a new tree skirt that I want to trim with this.

I made some Christmas ornaments with Basic Grey's new Figgy Pudding line, but I can't post them until this weekend's Holiday Hoopla & online crop at MSS. (So, you'll have to come and check it out!)

And I want to make some more of these ornaments (from last year's Holiday Hoopla):



but with this paper & maybe some of the aforementioned Basic Grey Figgy Pudding.

And I'll make another set of these:



but again, with the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding. (Loving that paper!)

And then I saw this idea on Ali Edward's blog, which I absolutely loved. I described it to Austin at lunchtime, who wisely informed me that we already have an advent calendar. So, I might be shelving that idea (or tweaking it to update our existing calendar-- we'll see. ;) )

So, there's lots to do. But I feel like I made a good choice this morning, when I decided to go through the kids' rooms and get rid of stuff they don't play with/use anymore. I took four bags of stuff to the thrift (& our stroller-- Sage didn't want me to take the stroller (well, she didn't want me to take anything away, really) so I had to remind her that she's not a baby and doesn't need it anymore. That seemed to make it better. That and the fact that I let her take one stuffed animal back into the house. ;) )

And now, on to the basement.

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

You go, girl! WOW! You are so inspiring! Your house is going to look amazing!