Monday, November 26, 2007

Slow but steady

I decided that this year I didn't have to do all of my Christmas decorating in one day.
Normally, I set up the tree and decorate the house all at once, sometime in one day, sometimes in two.
But this year, I thought I'd spread it out a little more.
So, on Friday, the kids and I put up the tree and put on the lights. A strand was out, so we put up the remaining lights that worked. And ended there with a little photo shoot:
Friday night, we watched Shrek the Third by our tree lit with 2/3 of its lights.
On Saturday, I added another string of lights. And Austin added four balls.
On Sunday, I made some new ornaments and added them to the tree:

(I still have a few more to finish up.)
But I'm enjoying having a more relaxed attitude about it this year, that's for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really makes me want to put up my tree!!!

anita said...

great pic of the kids! the relaxed attitude around Christmas makes it so much easier to enjoy, doesn't it? :)

Heather M. said...

The ornaments are GORGEOUS!