Sunday, October 31, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

On Friday, we took advantage of the fact that there was no school to carve our pumpkins for Halloween.

Sage was right in there from the beginning, willing to cut and scoop. (She ended up letting me cut for her though.)



Jonah definitely didn't want to cut or scoop, but I managed to talk him into drawing the face that he wanted and that I would cut it out for him.



A picture of Sage working hard at scooping out the seeds from her pumpkin.



Austin decided that for his pumpkin, he wanted to cut. So he cut the top off the pumpkin and then let me scoop it out (what a guy!) He had printed the silhouette of a wolf howling off of the computer, cut it out, traced it onto the pumpkin and then cut it out himself. I was very proud!



And a couple of pictures of the end results:



Jonah's pumpkin is a shark and Sage's pumpkin is an owl (like their costumes).



And after rinsing the seeds and letting them sit overnight to dry, I made Pioneer Woman's Pepitas (a.k.a. roasted pumpkin seeds).



So the pumpkins are carved, the seeds are roasted, the costumes are completed (Sage's & the boys') and the candy is purchased (& not all eaten... yet! ;) )

All that's left to do is go trick or treating tonight.

Have a happy (& safe!) Halloween!

2 comments:

ellen s. said...

these are so FUN! i am so glad we did it, thanks for the advice and the heads up on the seeds ...they were delicious!

xoxo... t said...

Awesome! I'll have to check out that link because I of course, burnt my pumpkin seeds. I burn everythig!