Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Lately...

Lately, we've been watching The Big Bang Theory before we go to bed.

Lately, even though I go to bed at 10:30 most evenings, I don't fall asleep for a long time.

Lately, I've been reading. I just finished Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers and Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. (Two of my very favourite authors.) Right now, I'm re-reading And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers. Yes, re-reading. I re-read books that I love.

Lately, I've been trying to stay on top of things. Somedays, I'm fairly successful. Others, not so much. But I keep trying.

Lately, I've been getting nervous flutterings in my stomach when I think about testing for my black stripe in taekwondo on Friday evening.

Lately, I'm thankful...

November 8th: My job



I really do love my job as a substitute teacher at the high school. I only had one day booked this week, but the vice-principal called me to his office on Monday while I was working and asked if I could work Tuesday and Wednesday. Yes, I could!


November 9th: Learning opportunities



I took piano lessons as a child until I was fourteen. But now, with Austin taking lessons for the past 3+ years, I feel like I'm learning again along side of him. I hope to have the attitude of being a life-long learner.

What have you been up to lately?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good luck on your TKD test friday...you'll do great!

I love that my son is learning to play the piano too...this is his second year and it's awesome hearing my kids make music in our home!

Great posting!
Kim
:)