Thursday, November 18, 2010

"My name is Leigh....

... and I'm a brad-aholic."

"Hi, Leigh!"

It began innocently enough. Picking up a package of coordinating decorative brads with some patterned paper at my LSS. But then one package became two, and two became four and before I knew it.... I was out of control.

I had so many that it was hard to sort through them all when selecting one (or more) for a layout.

I needed help.

Not in stopping from buying them. No, no. I don't think that is necessary at all.

No, I needed help with storing them.



Because this just wasn't working for me anymore.

So I grabbed a square piece of corrugated cardboard that was 12"x12" and drew lines on it horizontally and vertically spacing the lines at 1". (In hindsight, I probably could have done this even at 3/4" and fit more brads.)



Then with my trusty anywhere hole punch and hammer, I punched holes where the lines intersected.



121 times.



Then, I took all of my brads out of their packages and placed them in the holes, trying to keep manufacturers' lines together.



(Truth be told, I couldn't fit all of them on there, so I kept a couple in their packages.)

To store my new system, I just slip it in front of my Patterned Paper Storage system and I'm good to go.



And my attitude of gratitude posts...

November 16th: my knowledge of sewing

This came in very handy as I subbed in the Home Ec. department and could actually be helpful to the students with their sewing projects. Now if only I could be as helpful in Physics....

November 17th: the internet

For social networking, shopping looking up information and getting inspired, it is just such a fabulous tool.

November 18th: a day to get caught up

Not that laundry and cleaning are fun, but my goal is to get those things done this morning and then work on Sage's quilt this afternoon.

Now I'm off to accomplish my tasks...
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

carol said...

looks tidy and cleaned up that way. Nice (cheap) idea!

xoxo... t said...

Love your brad storage idea! I have mine in those clear plastic containers, but goodness knows they always get forgotten about in there.

Have a great day!

Anne Krashel said...

Aren't you miss smarty pants!! What a great idea Leigh.

jen k said...

i totally loved your brad idea and did it myself...i love being uber-organized..thanks for the great idea.

ellen s. said...

oh what a great idea!!! i have a lot of those brads, too, LOL!