Friday, February 11, 2011

Five for Friday

1. I did Day 19 of the 30 Day Shred today! This means one more day and then I'm done with level 2. So happy about this! I'm really struggling with all of the plank position stuff and am hoping that Level 3 doesn't have as many.

2. I was asked to lead the warm up at tae kwon do on Wednesday evening. This was a first for me. I was a little nervous, but I think it went okay. I asked Sage how I did and she said that I counted "at exactly the right time." :)

3. We're having a potluck lunch at church on Sunday and I need to figure out what to bring for it. I was thinking maybe some pasta in an alfredo sauce with some broccoli. The trick is keeping it warm from 9:30am (when we arrive at church for the first service) until 12pm, after Sunday school. If I could put it in my slowcooker to keep it warm, this might work okay. Any thoughts?

4. I'm drowning in scrap goodies! I got my stuff from my Stampin' Up! party that I hosted a couple of weeks ago this week and am very anxious to play with it. Then, my friend, Susan & I drove to Walhalla yesterday and picked up our order which included some new dies, coordinating stamp sets, ink, a little bit of paper, etc. Can you say overwhelmed? Ha. Ha. I'll definitely be setting aside some time this weekend for some creative play.

5. I posted a sketch over on the My Scrap Shoppe blog this morning. For this week's sketch, I chose Sketch 138 from Creative Scrappers. Here's the layout I made with it:



Honestly, when I first saw this sketch, I dismissed it because I didn't think I'd make a layout with a large star on it. But then I thought of my daughter's "Star of the Week" photos and the memorabilia that went along with it and I decided that the star would make a great pocket to tuck those things into.



I used Bazzill cardstock and Fancy Pants patterned paper. I used my Quickutz Central Park alphabet dies and Cuttlebug to cut out the title and my star punch to make the little stars. Lots of stitching on this one.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Greg Drummond said...

So glad to hear you got to lead a warm up. I should be in class next week. Hopefully I can get Beth to come along too.