Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine cards, part 2

We've been working on getting ready for Valentine's Day.

Instead of handing out Valentine's cards this year, I bought bags of Valentine's smarties for the kids to give to their friends.





The boys worked on getting theirs done Friday after school. My little keener, Sage, had already gotten hers done earlier in the week.

And this year, I decided to do a little something for my R.O.X. volunteers. I made these cards with a pocket to hold a package of hot chocolate. These two were for two of my female volunteers, Kathy & Darlene:



I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper, some Prima flowers and Basic Grey buttons. The tags were made with my new Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #8 die and stamp. I also stamped the coffee cups with my new SU! stamp that I got for hosting the party. The greeting is from the Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #9 stamp set.



And I wanted to make one for our sound technician, Wes, so I decided to make one that was a little less girly.



Again, I used the same stamps and die, just with a different colour of ink. The paper is also My Mind's Eye, from their Valentine's line from last year and the button is Basic Grey.



In the inside, I wrote that I hoped the hot chocolate warmed them up in the same way that thoughts of their serving in R.O.X. warm my heart. A little cheesy, but true.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: