Sunday, April 10, 2011

Some heat embossed projects to share

In the past couple of months, some friends and I have gotten "hooked" on Papertrey Ink. This became glaringly obvious when we attended a crop yesterday together and another friend of ours kept exclaiming over our goodies: "Oh, this is cool! Where did you get this?"

"Papertrey Ink."

And "Oh, I need some of these! Where did you get them?"

"Papertrey Ink."

...

So, yeah, a little bit hooked. ;)

I've also loved following Nichole Heady's blog and have started playing along with their Make-It Mondays. Because, well, you know how I love a good challenge. ;)



This week's challenge was heat embossing.

This card was inspired by this card by Dawn McVey. I picked up some balsa wood at Michael's to try to make my own.



I cut the wood using a Papertrey Ink Mat Stack's #1 die and inked the edges. I stamped on it with the same stamp from the Turning a New Leaf set with three different colours of ink. Then I added some Heidi Swapp mini-brads that I'd found in my stash.

For the background, I used some PTI cardstock. I used my PTI woodgrain impression plate with some PTI brown cardstock and added a strip of Crate Paper patterned paper and another strip of PTI green cardstock that I punched with my EK Success border punch.

Finally, I stamped with versamark ink a sentiment stamp from the PTI Turning a New Leaf set and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.

No comments: