Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thank you card

At first I didn't think I'd play along with this week's Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday: Make Your Own Spray Mists, because I'm not all that fond of misting. I think it's a lack of control thing-- I'd rather place things where I'd like them, not leave it up to chance (& the odds of a clogged nozzle.)

However, as the week progressed, I thought of a few things I could try with it, so I made three cards using homemade spray mist.

Here's the first one:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, stamps (the swirls are from Fabulous Flourishes and the sentiment is from Think Big Favourites #3), Mat Stack #5 die, button & twine. I stamped the flourishes with VersaMark and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I sprayed my homemade spray mist on afterwards and the stamped images resisted the spray.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty..nice and soft.

ellen s. said...

it's beautiful! i saw it over on the blog!

how are you, leigh? just thought i would stop by and say "hi"!

DF said...

Beautiful! Very unexpected to see the flourishes with the large spots of mist. Great job!