Friday, December 23, 2011

Five for Friday: The Christmas edition

1. This felt like a great week in terms of getting things accomplished!

I worked on Monday, but on Tuesday, I didn't, so I took advantage of my empty house to wrap gifts, make tags and work on my Secret Santa gift. I got almost all of my gifts wrapped, including all the stuff for the teachers' gifts and my gift tags.

We also went to Winkler in the evening and picked up some skates for Sage & Austin (Austin's old skates thankfully fit Jonah this year), so there all set for ice skating my sister-in-law's Christmas gathering. I also picked up some pretty plaid napkins and a new tablecloth for Christmas supper. And, we got a turkey. This is our first Christmas at home (not counting the year that Sage, Cameron & I had the flu-- there was no nice Christmas supper that year, let me tell you!), so I'm hoping to make it a nice memorable day. :)

On Wednesday evening, I stayed up late to finish my Secret Santa gift (I was tempted to share some pictures, but I think I'll wait until next week... Hee!) and got it wrapped.

On Thursday, I volunteered at Sage's & Jonah's school in the am, which thrilled them to no end.... In the afternoon, I tackled some prep for food for the weekend (sunshine salad dressing, carmalized pecans, a cheese ball, and the cake to make a version of Martha Stewart's Gingerbread House Cake...) So much to do, but it'll be fun, I know it!

2. I wanted to share the card sets that I made for my kids' classroom teachers this year, using PTI cardstock and the Happy Trails stamp set:








They each got two of each card.

3. And here's how I packaged the sets, using my left-over PTI stamp boxes, by Nichole Heady, some PTI cardstock (vintage cream, spring moss, autumn rose, scarlet jewel) & dies (Christmas label, Christmas Poinsettia):



And some close-ups...






Once again, I used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: any die into a folded tag:



4. I also decided to use a similar packaging idea to wrap up some homemade cards for my friend, Val:


The supplies are the same as above, although I added some Christmas labels & Holiday Lights stamps.

I gave her the cards (which she loved!) on Wednesday, along with these (which she also loved!)

5.

Sage had her class assembly on Wednesday and was so excited that I was able to attend. She played the part of Dancer the Reindeer in the skit they presented and did a fabulous job!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Courtney K said...

those note cards are simply perfect!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your notecards are fabulous Leigh, what a great gift. Your little reindeer is the cutest!

June K said...

Love your notecards and packaging.

sentsue said...

Great job. The that you used the boxes with the belly band on them. I always hate to tear them off. Merry Christmas!

Joyce said...

Love your cards and the way you packaged them. I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated. And, Sage looks so adorable in her little antlers.

Julie Overby said...

Awesome!! Great gift idea Leigh!

Deb said...

Sounds like a full week to me. Everything is beautiful! Have a fabulous Merry Christmas!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Leigh, your note cards are beautiful and so is the packaging.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

Suzanne Russell said...

The tags, the note cards, all are just adorable. I love to see your creations! I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas day!

DF said...

Love the note set Leigh! You have such a knack for good lay outs on cards (and pages). I really like the one with the pencil under the sentiment! Beautiful packaging too.

Marcie Rhys said...

Oh your wonderful designs! Your note cards are stunningly simple and elegant. Truly, less is more. And the way you incorporated Papertrey's box-band into your embellishment is fabulous. I've always loved the way their boxes look, but never thought of a clever way to use that nifty pattern on the label. Your creations are just the berries.