Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A birthday card

My friend, co-worker and fellow scrapbooker, Lindsay, celebrated a birthday yesterday, so I made her a card to honour the occasion. I used some new My Mind's Eye patterned paper, as well as this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: creating large frames with smaller frame stamps. I decided to use my Basic Labels set to create a larger frame for my sentiment and blooms (the not so lined up edges are hidden by the leaves.)


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white), stamps (rosie posie, label basics, communique sentiments) and dies (rosie posie). The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Luanne said...

Fantastic! Love that Background and the Rosie Posies look awesome!

Elena said...

Love the way you double-stitched around the border of your card... So pretty!

Unknown said...

Pretty! Im still in love w/Rosie Posies.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Leigh, this is soooo pretty! I love what you've done with the frame.

Kelly Griglione said...

I really do need to get that Rosie Posies set, it's gorgeous! And hides the seam so well. Beautiful card!

Marybeth said...

So pretty , I still love that flower , even though I never bought that one. Nice job hiding the lines.

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I just can't get enough of these Rosie Posie stammps...love them.

Deb said...

Fabulous job with MIM!!!! And yes, the double border stitching is yummy!

Mayol said...

Great MIM card! It looks so clean i love it! And the stitching - WOW!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

very pretty!

bjmartin said...

Pretty soft card - love the combination of the background paper with Rosie Posie!

Unknown said...

You always make such pretty stuff!! And this is no exception!

LEG Studios said...

Loving this card - so pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Leigh, you did a fabulous job and the stitching is fantastic.

Cassi said...

Just lovely Leigh. I can't get enough of Rosie Posie!