Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Everyday moments vs. events

I actually enjoy scrapbooking both "event-type" layouts (places we go, things that happen in our lives, birthdays, etc.) and "everyday moment" type of layouts (funny/cute things the kids said or did, just using a photo of them to tell them how special they are to me, etc.) However, it seems lately, that I've been concentrating more on the everyday moments and neglecting some "event-type" photos taken over the past couple of years. So yesterday, I decided to grab some photos from my photo box and scrapbook some events.

I also challenged myself to incorporate this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter buttons.

I'd taken these photos on the last day of school last June, because the kids' excitement was so palpable (okay, and mine was, too!) I love summer and the anticipation leading up to it. (These photos also make me laugh, because try as I might, I couldn't get both Sage & Jonah in the air at the same time! LOL!)

I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper. Webster's paper letter stickers & SU! Dazzling Details on my buttons to get them glittery. I also used Papertrey Ink buttons & dies (journal tabs & heart border).

Here's a close-up of the buttons and journaling:


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute layout. Love your pictures of each child with their teacher. Cute with the pictures showing how excited they were.

Denise said...

A cute layout! I love the tabs... a fun accent for labeling. Great photos!

Joyce said...

One of my favorite pages you have made. Love those happy kids. I totally remember that feeling.

Elena said...

your kids and their mis-timed jumps are cracking me right up :) Love the notebook background paper - perfect for this scrap-page!

Kristin said...

Great layout and love those pics :)

Marybeth said...

Beautiful layout and perfect way to play MIM. I think the buttons are a great touch to this cute layout.

Tracey McNeely said...

Another great layout with just the right amount of glitter. You kids will be so thankful one day for all your hard work!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

You are quite the scrapper! Love this layout and the way you incorporate journaling so effortlessly. That is such a challenge for me.