Friday, February 17, 2012

Five for Friday

1. I had so much fun playing along with the Papertrey Ink challenges/contests this past week.... although, I'm just shocked that I never won! I'd check for my name and be so surprised that it wasn't listed as a winner for their draws..... ;)

2. I was very excited to get some emails last week from Papercrafts (they requested two of my submitted cards for their next Stamp It magazine) and CARDS (they requested one of my cards for their July 2012 issue---- they acutally requested the wedding card that I'd recently made for my nephew, so I had to call him and ask for it back (temporarily, of course!)

3. I've been sugar-free & deep-fried foods-free now for 48 days! Woohoo! I feel really good (physically) and I went to the clinic to weigh myself on Monday and discovered that I'd lost 3 lbs. It might not seem like much in three weeks, but I'm happy with a slow, but steady loss of weight. :)

4. We had a great Valentine's Day this week, which included a few little gifts & cards for Cameron & the kids, lunch out at Boston Pizza with Cameron (where I got a heart shaped spicy perogy pizza!) & heart-shaped pancakes for supper. Cameron gave me a pretty pendant shaped like a key, which I love!

5. When I took the kids to see the Muppet Movie before Christmas, I fell in love with this song and thought it would be great to add to a layout. So I made this:

I used Papertrey Ink (text) & Fancy Pants (all other) patterned paper, My Mind's Eye decorative brads, PTI cardstock (ocean tides) & dies (alphabet block, bloom builders #3, lunchbox note). I printed out the lyrics on the neutral side of the patterned paper to fit in the lunchbox note die. Then I diecut it and added it to my layout with a flower on the front of it, so when you open it up, it reveals the lyrics:


(Sorry for the poor photos-- I took them in the evening...)

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a nice week, even though you didn't win any of the PTI contests. You're in good company! Congratulations on the card submissions and also the weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great Valentines day! Do we get to see yuur new pendant? :)

Regena said...

Hi Leigh..I have a blog award for u on my blog..go check it out

Deb said...

I, too, was a bit surprised that you weren't a winner with all of your beautiful entries. But know that I am so thrilled for you for your upcoming cards publications. This is so fabulous and I cannot wait to get my copy!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and have had a wonderful time looking over your beautiful cards and layouts! I'll be back again soon!

Elena said...

Even though I didn't make as many cards as you did, I was also surprised when I didn't win any of the PTI giveaways :). Huge congrats on your soon-to-be-published cards! That's amazing news! And good for you for sticking with your weight loss goals :)