Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Making garland

Thanks for all of your kind comments on my herringbone, supersized layout and card. Several people requested a tutorial for how I did it, so I'll see if I can get something done this week for it.

In the meantime, I have several thank you cards that I need to make, so I decided to make some using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Making Garland.

I started with a Crate Paper tag I cut out of a sheet of patterned paper and went from there...


I used Crate Paper patterned paper and Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, new leaf), stamps (framed out #1, turning a new leaf, botanical silhouettes) and dies (buttoned up, tiny tags).

Thanks for looking!


12 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh I just love your color combination! Fantastic!!

A Crafty Person said...

Very nice card. I love the color combination and the tags for garland.

Rhonda said...

Love the new leaf with the blue Leigh. You can always link up a thank you to card to Thankful Thursdays. :) Have a great day.

Karen C. said...

Love the combination of stamps and dies that you've used. the green background really gives a fresh feel to your card.

Nancy Guse said...

Love these colors together, it is a fresh feeling!!

Leah said...

So pretty! Love the colors together and the combo of stamps, will have to pair those together:)

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. The stamps sets you used together go great.

Terri said...

Very nice, Great banner love the colors too.

Joyce said...

Wonderful garland. Love how you combined those stamps to make a new type of flowers and leaves. You are so clever.

craftmates said...

Beautiful card and great colours! Those tiny tags are cute.-Irma

Anonymous said...

Really nicely designed. I love all the elements and the hit of dark blue flowers.

Tracey McNeely said...

So unique Leigh. Those tags are so cute.