Thursday, August 02, 2012

MIM #76: attempt #2


I wanted to share the second card that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Double Time Bleach Stamping. I'd tried the technique on Aqua Mist cardstock but found the results to be quite blotchy, with blue showing through the blooms. So I covered up most of them with some diecuts, but left a few leaves I'd done with the technique.




I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, aqua mist), stamps (the sweet life, communique sentiment), button, twine and dies ( the sweet life , half & half). I stamped the blooms with lemon tart, then harvest gold and then summer sunrise. For the leaves, I stamped both time with spring moss ink.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Luanne said...

This is gorgesou! You never know about bleaching, how it's going to work. I Like the leaves, and I love those flowers in yellow. I like how you added the sentiment too. Beautiful. :-)

Kara said...

Another pretty one!

Leah said...

So pretty! You have me wanting the Half and Half dies:)

Helen F. said...

Beautiful (again) Leigh! These colors are amazing together and I really love the flower & leaves popped off the card.

The Paper Parade said...

So pretty Leigh! I love how you used the 1/2 and 1/2 die, and the way that some flowers are on white and some not, really gives the card dimension!

craftmates said...

Very pretty roses! Love the colours you used.-Irma

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I really love the effect of those bleached leaves!! Great 'save' with the die cuts!

Anonymous said...

Really nice card.