Sunday, July 28, 2013

A couple of layouts


I've been making so many cards lately for the Summer Card Camp 2 class I've been taking, that I haven't been making many scrapbooking layouts. When I saw that 2Peas was having a CHA online crop, I thought I'd play along.

They have ten challenges posted on their blog here. The first layout I made is for Challenge #1: One colour you love.

I decided to scrapbook a photo of my remodelled scrap space, since I'd painted the walls my favourite colour: aqua mist. I used some Lily Bee & Dear Lizzy patterned pape & PTI cardstock (white, aqua mist).


I cut the title out on my silhouette.


I cut the jar out of the back of the sheet of Dear Lizzy patterned paper, wrapped it with some twine and added a button.


My next layout is for Challenge #2: Two people.

I scrapbooked a photo of Jonah & me, that Sage took of us on Canada Day. I used some Echo Park & Dear Lizzy patterned paper (this I'd cut out of the back of my first layout.) Again, I cut the title out on my silhouette, using PTI Winter Wisteria card stock.


Here's a photo of my journaling:


And here 's a close-up of the list he typed up (isn't it sweet?)


I looped some twine and added some buttons. I used my PTI double-ended banner die & some PTI gold shimmer card stock. On it, I stamped some sentiments from PTI's Fabulous Frames stamp set. The original stamp said "This is the life", but I selectively inked it and added the "fabulous" stamp at the end.


Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Cute layouts! How sweet is that list that your son typed up?!

Michelle said...

These are both fabulous. I need to get cracking and get some challenges completed from their list. You have a wonderful scrap space! :) I also love your punishment for being rude. I am going to have to remember that one. LOL

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! Especially LOVE that second one with the typed up list the sweetest!

Renee said...

Leigh they're both fantastic...
love your new crafty space...
and what a great, fun memory! :)

Elena said...

that list is the sweetest thing ever. you are blessed!

Linda Nicholson said...

Really love your layouts! I think I'll use the make a list of 10 things you love about me as a punishment too when the boys are being disrespectful. Your scraproom looks wonderful too!

Linda

Jennifer K said...

I love your "punishment" for Jonah. Sounds like something I'd make my kids do. Heehee.

Kara said...

hoe sweet!! i love it..instead of being punished and thinking how mad he is at you , he has to think about how much he loves you!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Adorable page, so cute and happy! Life really is fabulous isn't it!?! :)

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness Jonah is adorable! So sweet! :) And your layout is fabulous!!!

Sherri said...

Nice to see some layouts Leigh. Great punishment too, I'm tucking that one away for possible future use.

craftmates said...

Both fabulous layouts! The second one is so sweet. Love it! - Irma

TLady said...

GREAT LAYOUTS LEIGH!!!!!!:) AND I HAVE TO SAY, LOOOOOOOOOVE your "punishment!" I'll have to try this one!!!!!!:)(He DOES love you!) :) SUPER JOB!!!!!!:)

TLady said...

P.S. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your work space!!!!!!!;)

Darnell said...

Leigh, these are such pretty and sweet layouts! Thank you for sharing!! Your craft space is so beautifully organized and neat and the colors are so gorgous!!