Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer highlights, part 1

Today I have a layout to share that I made for the August My Mind's Eye Challenge, which was to scrapbook your summer highlights.

I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper & enamel dots.


Summer isn't quite done for us yet, so for my layout, I gave it a subtitle of Part 1. ;)  I used Papertrey Ink dies (Headline Alphabet) and stamps (Antique Alphabet).


Here's my journaling, which I typed out on my typewriter. I didn't realize until after I was done that I had two #5s. Since it would have meant redoing the whole thing, I decided to just leave it. It's kind of charming, don't you think?


This week, we have some fun things planned: I'm spending the day tomorrow with my BFF and we're going shopping in the city. On Thursday, we'll go swimming with our church in the evening. On Friday, I'm taking the kids to Fun Mountain in the city & we'll sleep over at my mom's. And, on Saturday, I'm attending an all day crop with friends. It really is the best week! :)

Thanks for looking!



5 comments:

craftmates said...

What a fun layout. The colour combo is fabulous. It's one of my faves.- Irma

Kara said...

enjoy your upcoming events!! i'm glad this is only part 1 because summer is not over......noooooooo it can't be!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! Love the contrast of the black and white photos with the bold yellow chevrons!

TLady said...

WHAT A FUN WEEK YOU HAVE PLANNED!!!!!! Your lay-out looks FABULOUS!!!!! (I KNOW what you mean about re-doing that list!!! I would probably let it go too! The typewriter, how ever quaint it is, is NOT something I am good at! OH, THOSE High School typing classes...!) I'm THINKING your next layout will be about THIS WEEK! TOTAL FUN!!!!!!!!:)Make SURE you SHOW US???:)

Sherri said...

Great idea Leigh. Looks like your family enjoys movies even more than ours, haha. Looking forward to your part 2 layout.