Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer home decor


It's Friday and today, I'm sharing a project that I made for Fresh Squeezed Stamps.

In the summertime, we like to bike around to garage sales. It's a fun activity to do together. A couple of weeks ago, we found this pretty frame for a $1 and couldn't pass it up.

When I saw the size of the opening, I decided that rather than filling it up with a photo, I would use  the Subway Series: Summer stamp set to create some summer home decor -- and was thrilled to discover that it fit perfectly!


I stamped the summer sentiment onto aqua mist cardstock in Versamark, which I heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I ran it through my diecut machine with a woodgrain impression plate.


I added a decorative brad and some twine to finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

this is stunning Leigh ♥

Elena said...

just fabulous, Leigh! I love your stamped sentiment onto aqua cardstock, and that frame is such a find!

Happy Dance said...

Stunning! Perfect way to upcycle a new found treasure. This is really wonderful. Love this. Bev

Anonymous said...

Oh Leigh this would look perfect in my house!!! :-) LOVE IT!!

Tara Elias said...

Great find! Love what you did with it!

TLady said...

WHAT A NICE PIECE you've created Leigh!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Deb said...

Leigh, this is just fabulous! Love, love, love it!!!

Anita Rex said...

What a pretty frame! Your stamped subway tile goes so great in the frame! It adds so much! See you tomorrow!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh this is so gorgeous and creative!

Inkyfingers said...

This is gorgeous Leigh and the message really suits that kind of beachy, whitewashed looking frame. Only $1? What a bargain.

tonyamaries said...

That is so cool! Really great job!