Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stamp-a-faire 2014 Time After Time Challenge #1

For the PTI Time After Time challenge, I went back on my blog to some of my earliest
 posts that were labeled "cards" (before I started making cards, I was primarily a scrapbooker.)

I found this post, dated four years ago, in August 2010, where I shared four cards that I made.
Truthfully, looking back, I don't love them, and definitely feel I've grown as a card maker
in the last four years -- thankfully! LOL!

So, anyway, I decided to remake some of these cards, starting with this one:


Okay, it's pretty cute! But quite different from what I create now.... not so much in style, per say.
I sill love using patterned paper & stitching on my cards.
But the dinosaurs were fussy cut from patterned paper (which isn't something I do very often anymore) and the sentiment is computer generated.... and I'm wondering how I cut out that nice speech bubble.... it could have been printed on the computer, too, and cut out by hand. 
Or maybe I rounded the corners with a corner rounder....

Well, anyway, onto the remake....


I used a new American Crafts DIY 6x6 paper pad that I picked up a few days ago 
at Hobby Lobby for my background, which I die cut using one of the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border dies.
I stamped the two foxes onto card stock (soft stone & classic kraft) and paper-pieced them.
I die cut the flower using the little flower die from PTI's Flip Flop dies and added a Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Sparkling Clear sequin for a little sparkle. 
The speech bubble was die cut using a Simon Says Stamp speech bubble die, which I made shorter
by diecutting it twice.

Thanks for looking!


7 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Love them both! :)

Wida said...

Oh my gosh, this card is awesome. its so striking the way the foxes are looking at me and paper pierced. Do not know why I color when I could paper pierce! fabulous

victoria h said...

great cards- yay for stamps!

Sherrie M. said...

Both are fabulous cards!

cm said...

Well, I think that first card is still mighty cute - and look at all the innovation that went into its creation! I took a wander through some of my early cards...gahh!! Horrors! Your remake: absolutely lovely! Dies, paper-piecing, two sweet foxes...and it still maintains the integrity of its predecessor in being a card of celebration!
~c

TeresaC said...

Love your cards and remakes, Leigh!! Your little fox card is delightful!!

Annheidel said...

I love your paper-pieced foxes! I also love the patterned background.