Friday, June 05, 2015

Five for Friday

1. Our taekwondo tournament in Winnipeg last Saturday went well. 
Jonah & Sage volunteered as runners (accompanying competitors to the podium)
and as computer techs.
They did such a great job -- always on task and dependable.


2. On Sunday, our local theatre had a Jurassic Park marathon.
I'd never been to a movie marathon before, and with Jonah counting down the days
 to the opening of Jurassic World (seven!), I thought this would be very fun!


They had 45 minute intermissions between the movies. 
The theatre is only a couple of blocks from our house, so we could quickly
zip home in between, which was nice.


3. Austin had his Spring Jazz Concert on Wednesday night.


His choir sang three songs, ending with "Happy", which was very fun!


4. Speaking of Austin and choir, a few weeks ago, he auditioned for the 
Central Manitoba Youth Choir:  a choir that has a couple of weekend retreats in the fall
and then tours Southern Manitoba for four days.


Well, last Monday, he got his acceptance letter in the mail!
I think this will be an amazing experience for him.


5. Today, I'm playing along with the Pretty Pink Posh Watercolour Blog Hop.


Here's my card:


I stamped the sentiment and flowers from Neat & Tangled's So Very Blessed stamp 
set in versa mark and heat embossed it in clear.
Then, I smooshed my new Altenew Frosty Pink & Coral Berry inks onto my cardstock
and used a paint brush to add some Frayed Leaf ink that I spritzed with water.


A few Pretty Pink Posh Pink Peonies sequins finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

50 comments:

Kristina B. said...

Very pretty card!

Susie Sonnier said...

How fun is this card!!!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely card!

Unknown said...

this is so beautiful Leigh, I love the way you framed the sentiment!

Sabrina said...

Very pretty!!

Darnell said...

Great photos, Leigh, and beautiful card! I love the softness!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy Lee said...

beautiful

Janet D. said...

Your card is lovely, the colors are fantastic!

Becca Cruger said...

Looks like you've had a busy but fun week! Congrats to your son on nailing the audition! As for your card, it's so soft and lovely!! A true example of gorgeous watercolor.

Scrapthat said...

lovely card! TFS

Patt H. said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft colors with the gorgeous flower image.

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous Leigh!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I love the soft colors you've used for this card. Just beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

In reverse order: LOve your fab card, YAY for Austin - would love to hear him sing!!! and what a wonderful experience it will be to attend that camp! Jonah and Sage - you rock! And, wait! I wanna go to the marathon... checking for one near me! Have a great weekend Penner family!
=] Michele

Carol H. said...

Love the pink! Your card is so pretty!

Dana said...

Sweet card!! Love the pink and flowers!!

Megan said...

So pretty! Love those new Altenew inks, and this sentiment!

Michele K. Henderson said...

LOVE this terrific color combination!

Jamie said...

So soft and pretty! Love it :)

Erin said...

I LOVE your watercolor card! Absolutely beautiful!

Julia said...

Such a cute card! I love the colors. :)

Sue Rosa said...

So pretty. I love the simplicity.

Caly Person said...

beautiful - i love the sentiment!

Kris said...

Always love your color choices and cards.

Shanna Shands said...

Okay wow!!! Your card is just lovely. Great job.

D.Ann C said...

So very lovely!

Megan Carroll said...

Sounds like another great week! Loving the Jurassic Park Marathon, I am looking forward to seeing the new one! And of course your card is lovely too!!

Ruth said...

I love your Friday Five! I'd love a Jurassic Park marathon - love some dinosaur rampage :) And knew you'd make a stunner for the PPP watercolour blog hop - colours are just beautiful.

Brithzi said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Pocono Pam said...

Such a beautiful card!!!

Brandi R said...

Beautiful card! Love the whole design. I'm thinking I may need to add that set to my collection. ♥

sr said...

Love the colors and sentiment! Very pretty!

Jessica said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the stamping and watercoloring! :)

sr said...

I am as well! Amazing card!

Sharon said...

I love the technique of white embossing under soft watercolours. So pretty!

Unknown said...

Such pretty colouring

Diana K said...

Thanks for my weekly dose and wonderful card, Leigh. Perfect sentiment for that watercoloured background!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is so gorgeous and feminine Leigh...I just love it!

Unknown said...

Love the coloring of this ! SO very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Love this! So beautiful!

Diane said...

Very pretty card and I love the sentiment that you chose. Thanks for sharing.

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Janis said...

So soft and pretty!!! Gorgeous card.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

It sounds like you have had a busy and exciting week. I'm sure the kids are enjoying all their activities. Your card is beautiful, Leigh. And so true.

Annie said...

Beautiful soft watercoloring, love it! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

Beautiful soft colors! Gorgeous!

Taunya Butler said...

Beautifully done - so amazing, so soft, so subtle but still makes a statement!! It says "Hi, I am gorgeous"!!!

jen said...

Your card is so lovely! Looks like you're kids are having a lot of fun!

Monika Reeck said...

Cool Photo of the children..TFS and your watercoloring in pink looks awesome..love this much

Sarah said...

what a gorgeous card, i love it.x