Tuesday, August 04, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #134 -- Take Two

Today, I have another card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #134 designed by Chrissy Larson:


I love these fun concentric circles in the bottom corner of the card!
They made me think of the large Crate Paper flower die that I have.
It's from Maggie Holmes and allows for several layers.

Here's my card:

CAS(E) This Sketch 134 -- Take Two Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I used Mama Elephant's Femme Frames to created the border
and diecut the flower pieces from Crate Paper Poolside 6x6 paper pad.
The flower only goes up to the solid pink circle, so I cut the two largest rings by hand.
I love how it's extra large this way!

CAS(E) This Sketch 134 -- Take Two Leigh Penner @leigh148 #cards

I diecut my Wet Paint Cut from true black cardstock and stamped
the coordinating sentiment in onyx black ink.

I'm also linking this up to this week's 

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
Remember, you have until Thursday, August 6th to link up your card.

Oh, and I also have a post up on the Bazzill Basics Blog today,
showing how I store my cardstock scraps.


You can check it out here.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Fun take on the sketch Leigh, this is terrific!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I like this!!! : )

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE your take on that fun sketch, Leigh! Those flower layers are fabulous! I would never know that you cut the largest two by hand. SO adorable! Love it!

Happy Dance said...

Love the pastel look of this sweet card, Leigh. Those colors just make me happy. And what a great take on that sketch, too. Well done with the hand cutting layers too; they have the look of die cuts. And I'm heading on over to Bazzill in a sec. Happy Tuesday. Bev

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Leigh!! Love your take on the sketch!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Celeste Goff said...

Oooh, I love this card Leigh!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, wow the abstract flower is so pretty. And great job cutting the two bigger circles by hand. I'd never get that to look so good!

Joyce said...

Pretty card, Leigh. Off to see how you store your scraps.

Vikki H said...

Such a sweet, pretty card! Your mint green frame sets off the rest of the design spectacularly!

Karen M said...

Your card looks amazing and I love your take on the sketch:) xx

cm said...

Your curvy, pretty-patterned papers card is ingenious for this sketch, Leigh! Once again, marveling at your creativity...
~c