Friday, October 16, 2015

Five for Friday

Five things I'm looking forward to this weekend:

1. Traveling with 39 women from my church to Minneapolis.
(We actually left yesterday -- it's a long weekend!)
I get to be the hostess for the trip: make introductions, review our agenda,
lead games, pull names for door prizes, etc.

2. Shopping at the Mall of America and the outlet stores
with my best friend.

3. Going out for meals -- read: no cooking!

4. Attending the Women of Faith conference
on Friday night and Saturday all day.
Then, we'll board the bus to come home.

5. Driving to St. Francois Xavier on Sunday afternoon
to watch Austin perform in the Central Manitoba Youth Choir.
It should be a wonderful concert!

And before I go, here's the card I made for our bus driver:


I stamped on a Songbirds leaf diecut with PTI's Brushed Off stamp set.
The sentiment is from SSS's Many Thanks stamp set.


A trio of buttons and twine finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

BeverlyBL said...

I like this a lot. Pretty colors, simple and thoughtful. Have a wonderful trip.

merryf said...

what a great way to add texture to that leaf die-cut. So creative!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Leigh! Have a wonderful weekend ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay! Sounds like one amazing long weekend! LOVE your card! So bold and graphic and such awesome colors! LOVE the effect of that brushstroke stamp on the die cut leaves. Adds such a fabulous texture to them!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, thanks for sharing! With a color change, it would be great for sending at Thanksgiving. Sounds like an awesome weekend, especially that your best friend is sharing it with you!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! I hope you have the best time...looks like you will. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card Leigh!!!

Greta said...

Adorable scene, but the leaves card grabbed my attention--gorgeous!

cm said...

A fabulous adventure, Leigh...and once again, I'm in awe at your incredible thoughtfulness in creating a card for your bus driver. I can picture the look of delight and gratitude on his face when you gave this to him. So heart-warming!
Hugs~c

Kim S said...

What an amazing weekend you must have had. I've never failed to be inspired by Women of Faith conferences - amazing women! And shopping and concerts - how perfect!

LOVE your card - LOVE the look of the Brushed Off on those die cuts!