Tuesday, March 01, 2016

March Pinterest Inspired Challenge

Today, I have a card to share for the March Pinterest Inspired Challenge:


Isn't it cool?
I love those fun feathers!


I started by creating some feather stencils by diecutting the two largest feathers
from PTI's Feather Finery set.
I used some post-it notes to mask the area where I would ink in pink,
and inked the rest of the feathers using aqua mist and Hawaiian shores.
Then, I switched around the post-it notes to blend my berry sorbet ink.
I stamped the feathers, using some masking, in versamark and heat embossed them in white.


I stamped my sentiment (also from PTI's Feather Finery) in Versamark
onto some black cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

Please check out the Pinterest Inspired Challenge to what the rest of the DT created 
using this photo as their inspiration and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until the end of March to link up your project.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

simply beautiful Leigh!

Betty said...

so pretty Leigh - and congrats on having your blog hop card featured in the PTI news

Karen B. said...

Ooh this is stunning! Thanks for explaining your process too!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Leigh!

Lynn Put said...

Great card, Leigh! Great minds think alike because I used this same stamp set in a very similar way when I made my card last week for my Color Throwdown post for tomorrow. Lovely water coloring.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful, Leigh, I love the soft colors of the feathers, so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

You do have a way with feathers Leigh, this is incredible!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! You nailed this!!

Bobby said...

Love the technique you used, Leigh. Those feathers are beautiful.