Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Challenge #65

Today, I  have a card to share that I made for The Challenge #65:

I was inspired by the flowers on top of the pile of books
and decided to ink up my new Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea stamp set.

  
I started by diecutting the hydrangea and solitary bloom from
white cardstock and stamping them in berry sorbet ink.
Then, using my MISTI, I stamped again in versamark and
heat embossed them in clear.
With a paint brush, water and some ink pressed onto my acrylic block,
I painted them in.

The sentiment is also from Mondo Hydrangea.


For my pot, I diecut some Bazzill Basics silver foil using
my Reverse Confetti Basket Confetti Cuts, but I decided it was too shiny.
So I pressed it into versafine onyx black ink and heat embossed it in clear.


It turned out pretty cool.

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow, I love seeing this stamp without its stem, I think I like it better that way! Once again, another gorgeous card!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I love the way you've used this stamp. The detail you've added with all the extra shine is phenomenal! Just lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE how you placed the hydrangea in that beautiful pot, WOW!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Ruth said...

It's such a beautiful card. That hydrangea is gorgeous and perfect in the pink. It's like ours at the back garden, which is just coming into leaf. xx

Greta said...

Oh so striking & beautiful, Leigh!

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! I love the beautiful hydrangea you used. Great take on the challenge!!

Kris said...

Leigh, I LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the way you have painted in the flowers, beautiful card! Cx

Happy Dance said...

This turned out VERY cool!! Love how you took the flowers on top of the book stack and just ran with it! All the way to the finish line. I love how bright and happy this is. Your silvery black pot is genius, too. Love this card! Blessed Easter to you my friend. Bev

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Leigh. Love this flower and the soft colours.

Celeste Goff said...

Just gorgeous Leigh! I love the embossing!

Lesley said...

Beautiful!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh. I am waiting for a few things to return to stock, before placing a big EH order including this gorgeous stamp. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful. Thanks for telling how you made your card.

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Leigh! What a bold, beautiful image! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Anita in France said...

So pretty in pink, Leigh ... this hydrangea is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge! Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed the inpsiration photo Leigh! That thin pop of orange is terrific!

Olga said...

So pretty and really looks like the inspiration photo.