Saturday, July 30, 2016

ColourQ #352

I'm pretty excited... 
My kids and I are driving into Winnipeg today
to attend a Harry Potter Release Party in anticipation of the new book
that's being released tonight at midnight -- it should be fun!

Today, I have a card to share that I made for the current ColourQ challenge:


I love the soft and pretty pattern on this blouse and wanted
to recreate it on my card.


I started with a piece of watercolour paper, on which I heat embossed
the Altenew Painted Flowers outlines in Zing! Butter embossing powder.
I stamped the flowers and leaves in, spritzing them with water first
before stamping for a watercolour effect.
Then, with a paintbrush and water, I painted over them a little to blur
the ink even more.


I added yellow ink mixed with water to my background
and once it was dry, stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Spring Woods)
in versafine onyx black ink three times with my MISTI.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Hope you have fun today! I so want that book too!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Leigh, your watercoloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty, Leigh! I just ordered this set and I can't WAIT to get it and try it out! Pinning this for inspiration!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh! Love your beautiful watercoloring!

Greta said...

Such a beautiful look, Leigh! Have fun!

Lynn said...

Marcel can't wait to get the newest book. Love, love, love your soft, soothing card.

Pam said...

Gorgeous card! Love your watercoloring.

Patti said...

This is one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen! it has all the ahhhhh elements for me! Clean and simple and yellow and Altenew Painted Flowers!!

Beautiful Leigh : )

Patti

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Looks amazing!!

Joyce said...

Simply gorgeous, Leigh. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Michelle said...

Leigh, your watercoloring is amazing!!! Love these pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh what a beautiful card, love your watercolouring!Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

Kim S said...

Amazing soft flowers! Love the pop of red/pinks on the soft yellow background.