Friday, July 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Unicorn



It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


The LEAD of the Unicorn Challenge will be invited as a 
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

After seeing the inspiration photo, I immediately thought of using my 
Reverse Confetti Unicorn Wishes to make my card.


I started by stamping the unicorn and sentiment from Unicorn Wishes 
onto Watercolour paper and heat embossed it in white.
I diecut one of the Double Banner Garland Confetti Cuts dies from watercolour
paper and painted it by hand using a paintbrush and ink mixed with water.


I painted in the unicorn and over the sentiment using the same
inks mixed with water and a paintbrush.
I wanted my card to have a soft and airy feel -- just like the inspiration photo!



I'm also linking this card up for Day 2 of Heat Wave,
a class I'm taking this week at Online Card Classes:


Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!
Thanks for looking!
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh so sweet! I especially like your reverse coloring.

Betty Wright said...

This is too cute1 Love the resist with this image!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, this is precious Leigh!!

cm said...

ACK! Your little unicorn is an absolute sweetie! Your soft, airy goal totally accomplished! Another LOVE!
Hugs~c

Megan Carroll said...

Love this pretty card!! The banner and soft colours!

Lynn said...

Adorable. Love how you embossed the unicorn and colored around it. So sweet Leigh.

Melody said...

Love the watercolor look!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Leigh. Such a sweet image... and I love all the pink... especially around the unicorn.

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! Leigh, this is FABULOUS...really love the painted/resist/watercolour effect you achieved here...it looks SO soft and pretty...STUNNING!
Hugs,t

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is darling, Leigh! The watercolors give the card a magical feel, too!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a sweet card, Leigh! Love the magical watercolor design!

Lori said...

Love this, Leigh! The watercoloring captures the feel of the inspiration photo perfectly!