Friday, September 23, 2016

Five for Friday

1. Last weekend, I chaperoned at Austin's Central Manitoba Youth Choir Camp.
It's Austin's second year in the choir -- they meet for two weekends to rehearse together
and then tour for five days.
It's a wonderful experience and I am blown away by how talented these teens are!


Austin is on the far right in the red t-shirt.


2. It was Sage's birthday on Monday.
We had Party Potato Soup for supper -- Sage's favourite.
She named it Party Potato Soup when she was little, because
she misheard me when I called it Hearty Potato Soup.
Her name for it is definitely more fun!

I made her a cake and friends came by to celebrate before she went to youth.


Do you like her cake?
to decorate it:


Since my best girl loves all things Paris:



to make this card:


I heat embossed my Essentials by Ellen Mondo Peony stamps 
in white on a piece of aqua mist cardstock,
as well as my sentiment (from PTI's Songbirds).


I stencilled Altenew Morning Frost ink over my panel using my 


4. So, my new job is going really well!
There's lots to learn, but I'm finding I'm really enjoying all the aspects of my job.
And on Monday, one of my co-workers told me that he thought
I was a really good fit in the office with everyone. :)
I went along on an installation on Tuesday so I could see how everything works together
with the cabinetry.
And yesterday, I attended a seminar in Winnipeg, which was very interesting and fun.

 For the seminar, we were given these super cool badges
that we could personalize and use as ice-breakers for conversations.
Here's mine:


I was disappointed though when no one asked me about any of my topics. ;)


5. Tonight, Sage and I are going to spend the night at the Winkler Bible Camp
for their annual Mother/Daughter retreat.
We attended last year and enjoyed it so much, we decided to make it a yearly tradition.
I'm looking forward to spending some one on one time with my best girl. :)

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave
SaveSave

8 comments:

Karen B. said...

Have a great weekend. Such a pretty card with the blue background.

Wanda Cullen said...

Aqua icing...so fun! Love your sharing a slice of your life this week (yep...pun intended)! I'm trying hard to resist that peony by Ellen but you talented stampers are making it difficult to resist! Great CAS design!

Ruth said...

It's a beautiful card - and I'm impressed with your birthday cake!! Always love reading what you've been up to. Have a good time at camp /) xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love your Friday posts! I am smiling ear to ear over Sage's birthday photos and that amazing Parisian cake that you made! So beautiful, and such a beautiful card, too. I am smitten with that Robin's Egg blue! So glad to hear that your new job is off to such a great start! I totally would have asked you about your badge topics! ;)

Celeste Goff said...

Happy belated birthday to Sage! Love her gorgeous cake and that card is just beautiful!

Joyce said...

Always love your Friday posts, Leigh. So glad to hear all of your good news. And, happy birthday to Sage!!

Patti said...

It is becoming the highlight of my week to read your posts Leigh! Thank you for sharing so much of the wonderful things Jesus is doing in our whole family! Your card is spectacular! second only to your perfectly decorated cake!!

Have a blast and give Sage a hug for me : )

Patti

Lindsey said...

Love seeing sweet Sage and her special birthday dinner and cake. You did such a great job! And I adore the party potato soup...so cute! (PS Love the peek of your chalkboard art behind Sage). Your children are all so wonderful and so wonderfully talented...they take after their momma! :) Oh, and I love your name tag...We've got 2/3 things in common...I have no doubt we'd easily be able to strike up a long conversation. :)