Sunday, February 12, 2017

PTI: Celebrating the Past, Present & Future -- 2007

Today, I have a card to share that I made for Papertrey Ink's

I don't own any sets from PTI that were released in 2007,
using Text Boxed:


I was inspired by the colours she used, the leaves and the fact that she
combined stamped images with watercolour.
I decided to use my Songbirds stamp set to make my card.


I stamped my leave images in Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Simply Chartreuse
and Dark Indigo onto my watercolour paper panel.
Then, I pressed Hawaiian Shores ink onto my acrylic block and mixed it with water
and with a paintbrush, coloured over my Hawaiian Shores stamped leaves.
I repeated this process with each colour of ink.


I used one of my Garden Gate stencils on Enchanted Evening cardstock
and blended Dark Indigo ink over top.
Then, I blended more ink onto it, without the stencil.
I stamped my sentiment in Dark Indigo ink, using a sentiment from Songbirds.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

6 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

i love how you were inspired Leigh. Absolutely beautiful.

Birgit said...

This is so pretty done in these colors Leigh! Simply lovely!!

Audrey Pettit said...

These colors really are beautiful! Love your watercoloring with stamping here, Leigh! <3

Susi said...

Beautiful transitions of colour and I love the shading surrounding the leafy images!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you were inspired Leigh, this is wonderful!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the watercoloring you added behind the stamped images.